Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dye formula has recently been updated making them the most vibrant concrete dyes Ameripolish® has ever produced. Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dyes are versatile colorants for polished concrete that mix with water or Ameripolish® ColorSolve™. Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dyes are to be applied just before identifying with Ameripolish® 3D HS or HSL, helping the color penetrate and
chemically bond to the concrete. The pre-dissolved concentrate liquid is fast and easy to use. The formula includes UV stabilizers to resist fading as well as a penetrating agent to eliminate further mixing and develop deep, rich color even on hard, dense concrete.
Testing: Before starting the project apply Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dye to sample area of each type of concrete to be treated, using application procedures proposed for the project.
Confirm that concrete is receptive to dye or dye/densifier combination and that color is acceptable.
Project Conditions: Ambient temperature during application should be 40-100°F (4-38°C).
For SureLock™ System Equipment: Spray applies Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dye using a low-pressure sprayer with Patriot Gray #8 or similar conical mist tip with 8.4 gals/hr flow at 40 psi. (31.8 L/hr at 275.8 kPa), and microfiber pad.
1. Grind up to 200-grit resin bond diamonds. (If not using a 200-grit step, grind up to 100-grit resins.)
2. Remove all dust and debris. If wet cleaning is performed, allow surfaces to dry.
3. Vacuum surface thoroughly.
4. Spray Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dye to the lightly wet surface without creating puddles. Apply in a consistent, overlapping circular motion, holding the wand approximately 12-18 inches above the surface. The dye will absorb into concrete more quickly in some places than others. This is normal and does NOT indicate that extra dye is needed.
5. For Ameripolish® ColorSolve™ mixtures, immediately upon completion of the application, run clear Ameripolish® ColorSolve™ through the pump and wand, followed by clean water. For water-dye mixtures, clean with water only. This is recommended between color changes and before storing the sprayer between jobs.
6. Allow the surface to dry.
7. Remove dye residue with an auto scrubber fitted with a white pad and water. Perform a white-rag test to assure that residue is removed. Wipe a dry white rag across the floor. A light tinge of residual color on the rag is acceptable, but any strong color indicates that excessive dye must still be removed. Unremoved dye residue will load resin diamonds and may produce undesirable marks.
8. Spray Ameripolish® 3D HS in an overlapping motion. Avoid puddles. The product does not need vigorous scrubbing-in and will not form a gel. As the product is absorbed into the surface, apply the additional product as needed until the floor starts to reject the product. Over-application or puddles of excess material will lengthen drying time and will produce white surface residue that must be removed immediately.
9. Clean equipment with fresh water before the product dries. Overspray on unprotected surfaces should be immediately washed off.
10. Allow the surface to dry.
11. Polish up to 400-grit resin bond diamonds.
12. Apply Ameripolish® SureLock™ Concrete Dye again for
maximum color, using the same method as step 4.
13. Clean sprayer as in step 5.
14. Allow the surface to dry.
15. Remove dye residue with an auto scrubber fitted with a white pad and water. Perform a white-rag test to assure that residue is removed. Wipe a dry white rag across the floor. A light tinge of residual color on the rag is acceptable, but any strong color indicates that excessive dye must still be removed. Unremoved dye residue will load resin diamonds and may produce undesirable marks.
16. Polish with 800-grit resins, and 1500-grit or 3000-grit if desired.
Remove dust and debris with a microfiber pad or dry mop. Buff dry with a high-speed burnisher to enhance sheen. Spills of staining agents or acidic etching agents including acidic food substances (e.g. vinegar, pickle juice) should be cleaned up immediately to minimize damage to the surface. The surface should be cleaned regularly using an auto-scrubber with Ameripolish® Rejuvenating Cleaner mixed with water according
to the manufacturer’s directions. Ameripolish® Rejuvenating Cleaner is a pH-neutral formula that will not damage concrete and replenishes the Stain Protector application to maintain liquid and chemical resistance.
DO NOT use acidic cleaners. Auto-scrubber should be fitted with non-aggressive cleaning tools such as brushes. Do not perform regular maintenance with aggressive pads such as diamond-impregnated pads or other abrasives. The use of aggressive pads will wear away stain protection and may, in time, wear away a color from the concrete surface. Renew Ameripolish® 3D SP Stain Protector or Ameripolish® SR² Penetrating Sealer application every two years or more often depending on wear and usage conditions.
Ameripolish® offers 24 stock colors, covering the most common color choices seen in floors today. Custom colors are available upon request, but they are made to order. The colors listed are only a representation of the Ameripolish® Concrete Dyes. Change in concrete slab colors will affect the appearance of the dye. Color results cannot be guaranteed. Actual colors may vary.