Rio-Crete Cement Top Coat
Rio-Crete Cement Top Coat
RIO-CRETE TC is a heavy-duty seamless flooring topcoat typically installed at 16mils. RIO-CRETE TC tough and withstands thermal shock, impact, abrasion and chemical exposure. RIO-CRETE TC offers various surface profiles to meet individual project requirements. RIO-CRETE TC is formulated with a natural additive to be resistant to fungi growth per the industry standard ASTM G-21
1. RIO CRETE TC is not color stable unless UV resistant topcoat is used.
2. RIO CRETE TC flooring should not be installed on wet concrete.
3. Floors should be sloped to drain to prevent standing water or chemicals.
4. Spills should be removed as soon as possible to prevent a slipping hazard.
5. Confirm product performance in a specific chemical environment prior to use.
6. Prepare substrate according to the “Surface Preparation” portion of this document.
7. Follow detailed instructions in this document's “Installation Steps” portion.
8. Always use protective clothing consistent with OSHA regulations during use.
9. Refer to Safety Data Sheet for detailed safety precautions.
10. For industrial/commercial use. Installation by trained personnel only.
IMPORTANT – Follow the detailed application instructions and the safety instructions listed on the product Safety Data Sheets (SDS) copies available upon request. The following installation summary is for reference only and should not be relied upon as all-inclusive. RIO CRETE systems should only be installed by trained persons experienced in polyurethane concrete flooring applications.
1. To prevent lifting or delamination, keyways (minimum 5/16” wide x 5/16” deep) must be cut at all terminations, joints, columns, doorways, and drains.
2. Clean sand and dust from prepared concrete where the floor is to be installed.
3. A cove base material can be used to install a cove and/or base as required. The cove/base can be installed before or after the installation of the RIO CRETE SF depending on the specification and or the desired result.
4. It is very important to utilize a proper mixer and paddle to ensure a complete mix and to reduce the risk of introducing excessive air into the mixture. RIO INC recommends the use of a MAN-U-FAB M-61 (1 HP) mixer with a 10-gallon pail and TR4-10 mixing arm. (www.mixall.com)
5. With the mixer running, pour ½ Gallon Part A into the mixing pail.
6. Add 1 Powder Pigment bag to Part A and mix for about 15 seconds.
7. Add ½ Gallon Part B, and mix for another 15 seconds.
8. Gradually add all contents of a bag of RIO CRETE TC filler into the liquid mixture and blend thoroughly until all particles are wetted out, normally about two minutes.
9. Immediately after mixing (within 3 minutes), POUR THE MIXED MATERIAL onto the floor in ribbons. Using a flat squeegee move material uniformly across the floor.
10. Backroll material using a 3/8” nap roller to a uniform appearance. Do not overwork.
11. ALLOW COATING TO DRY 24 HOURS at 75°F (24°C), 50% relative humidity before opening to light traffic. Allow more time at low temperatures, low humidity or for heavier traffic. Full coating properties take 14 days to develop.